I found this relic at a site I was inspecting for work in Preston, Idaho on a cold and bitter December day in 2006.
Being that it is a wood-sided caboose, it really makes this old railroad car quite a rarity; wood-sided cabooses stopped being made and used in service here in the United States in the early part
of the 20th century. There wasn't a soul any where to be seen, so I was able to actually go inside, climb up into the cupola and sit in the built-in bench seat. It made my head spin ~ what a treat
and rare find! I hope somebody comes along someday and discovers this caboose as well, then sets to work to save it from further demise!
- Item Number = JLGj001
- Matte print on photographic paper
- 7-3/4" X 9-3/4" actual photo size
- 1-3/4" soft white matte (all around)
- 1" rustic/finished pine wood frame (all around)
- 10-1/2" X 12-1/2" finished size
- Shipping weight = 3 lbs.
- Price = $110.00 (Includes shipping!)
- To purchase, call: (518) 915-4949
Or, send an e-mail to: email@example.com